So here we go!
1) When you're feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up?
Sometimes I'll clean, being in a clean space is very calming for me because then there's not "work" staring me in the face that needs to be done. I also will do something crafty, go for ice cream, bake something, or watch a funny movie.
2) If you had to live in a different time period, which would you prefer?
I think that I'd like growing up in the 40s or so? It seems like a dreamy time...
3) What's the most creative Halloween costume you've ever worn?
Oh my gosh I don't think I've ever had a creative one. They've always been lame. However, one of my roommates in college was "hot" once. It was hilarious. We found this red unitard thing at a store, it was actually kind of awful looking & she tried it on just to be funny. When she came out of the dressing room I was like "oh that's hot". Then somehow we decided that she should wear it for Halloween & be hot. See how funny this is? Every time someone would ask her what she was she'd say, "I'm hot!" I wish I had pictures...
4) Five weird things we wouldn't know about you without being told
* I'm horrible (really really bad) at speaking in front of groups
* I have a BS & an MPA degree
* My baby-fine hair never grew up...
* I've run 3 marathons & a whole bunch of halfs
* I have 3 jobs currently
5) What would you tell your 16 year old self
Don't expect a college degree to be the "golden ticket" that everyone makes it out to be. It's not. Not by far. Also think long & hard about what you want to do when you're done & the consequences of those decisions. (aka, business, engineering or nursing would be better choices than law & public administration if "getting a job" is what you're going for. Oops)
This was kind of fun! Want to join? Answer the questions then head over here to link up!